Thursday 22 May 2014

5 Minute Make-Up | Everday Make-Up

Now, if you know me, you'll know that I love my sleep. I mean L.O.V.E. I'd rather spend an extra 15 minutes in bed than do my make-up. But obviously this leaves me in a bit of a pickle every morning: do I want to look presentable or look like a goblin? We all know the answer to that, which is why I've come up with a way to get the both worlds! I still get my extra napping time and walk out the house looking fairly decent. I like to call it, the 5 Minute Make-Up routine. If you'd like to see the look in action, head on over to my YouTube!

So this is how it works:

① Primer. 30 seconds. Helps your make-up stay in place for the day. 
② Foundation. 30 seconds. Covers blemishes and illuminates the skin.
 Contour. 30 seconds. Gives your face back the dimensions lost from the foundation coverage.
 Blush. 30 seconds. Makes you look more awake!
 Mascara. 45 seconds. Opens up your eyes.
⑥ Eyelashes (optional). 2 minutes. I do this because my eyelashes are super-duper short so they just make my eyes look bigger and more open. (OR you could replace this step with curling your eyelashes and putting on an extra coat of mascara)
 Lip Product. 5-10 seconds. Adds an extra oomph! to the whole look. 

I also spend a few seconds brushing my eyebrows into shape so they're not so wild!

I find that this creates a very natural look that's perfect for a normal day, but if I feel like it (and I have time!), I can also add to it. It's also the perfect base for any make-up look and all it took was 5 Minutes! Who said all girls take ages to get ready?!





No comments:

Post a Comment